Friday 9 October 2009

BLOG BLESS: The genius of Mr. Johansson.

The morning after Acne's SS10 London presentation at the Curve Gallery in the Barbican, I skipped and hopped over to the Swedish label's studio to interview their Creative Director, Jonny Johansson for Ponystep - you can read the story here. Now, I am a huge Acne fan and having spoken with Jonny before for a different story, I knew he has some very interesting ideas about fashion and design so I was really looking forward to a good, Swedish-oddness-infused chat and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Even the gazillion-step climb in high heels to their top floor studio didn't take away from the fun of it all! Oh, and apologies if I left with their copy of Neil Young's 'Harvest Moon' - in retrospect it may not have been intended as a gift so sorry, Anthony!

As it usually happens, the interview couldn't appear in full on Ponystep so I really wanted to include this quote from Jonny here, it still makes me laugh!

I put to him that 'genius' is another word many often resolve to in order to describe Jonny Johansson. Embarrassing for somebody so low-key? “You know", he retorts, "‘embarrassed’ in Swedish is 'generad', which sounds almost like genius!” And there you have it, pure genius!
You really have to check-out the spike heels in these shoes the moment they hit stores next year, they are extraordinary!
This is the first women's Pop line Jonny and his team have created and it's just full of must-have-in-my-wardrobe-at-all-times pieces; from the tees to the shirt jumpsuits, the suede patches on jeans and jackets and, oh, those ponyskin shoes!!!

Images by Ponystep and Acne.

No comments: