Thursday 24 September 2009

L(ove)FW SS10: Day 1 - Lovely Emilio!

I couldn't move on to Day 2 of LFW (oh yes, folks, I'm still working on the rest!) without a brief mention of Emilio de la Morena's show that took place on Friday. It was such a pretty spectacle, dress after dress coming out in the loveliest colour palette and a new-found lightness to the fabrics that gave an impression of air floating through them. I particularly loved the small details on the dresses, some of which were given an edge with tough little bomber jackets, that reminded me of shells found on a beach. I interviewed Emilio a while ago for Ponystep and he was just the nicest guy, just starting his collaboration with Charlotte Olympia on the shoes and I remember how excited he was about it. The collaboration clearly worked as they worked together on this one too and I can't just help but being very excited and intrigued by what Emilio has yet to offer! Bravo Emilio!


Images by Vogue.co.uk.

No comments: