Wednesday 23 September 2009

L(ove)FW SS10: Day 1 - Christopher Raeburn

Christopher Raeburn's SS10 collection, exhibited at the Estethica floor of 180, The Strand, really stood out for me, partly because of the bright flashes of colour with red, orange, yellow and violet but also because it presented a very modern, fresh and functional range. A line of parkas, hoodies, ponchos and macs, every item is constructed from re-appropriated military parachute materials and remade in England, with an ethical awareness that pushes away any images of 'hippiedom' the word might still bring to mind for some. I also liked the little bags that matched some of the items, with jellyfish details; they seemed very futuristic and alien-like to me, and that can only be a good thing in my book.








Images by Christopher Raeburn and myself.

No comments: