Tuesday 8 December 2009

BLOG BLESS: Cacharel in my dreams...

Cacharel is one of those names that instantly bring to mind hazy, rose-tinted childhood memories, whether you ever had any direct encounters with the brand or not. It's just there. I vaguely remember a bottle of Anais Anais on my mother's white dressing table. I must have liked it although I can't say for certain. I definitely liked the pretty flowers on the bottle and most certainly fell in love with the name, Anais; so good they named it twice! I imagine I day dreamed about being a girl that would have such a sweet, ethereal French name...

For all those faded memories I was pleasantly surprised to see these showroom images on Géraldine's Café Mode from the label's SS10 collection. I must admit, the show itself passed me by and I didn't take much notice of it other than being aware that it was the first under new designer Cedric Charlier, previously at Lanvin and His Royal Genius Alber Elbaz for six years. The collection has made more of an impact on my hanging on a rail than on the show, strange, no? It feels very fresh, poetic, crisp. Perhaps it's all the blush and white (not shown here) shirt and tee details. I love the print dresses and adore the blue rail. In fact, I'm sure I dreamt about that blue dress, hanging at the end, recently. I think my name was Anais...




Images by Cafe Mode.

No comments: