Saturday 8 January 2011

BLOG BLESS AMERICA: New Year, New Direction.

It's a brand new year so what better than fresh new fashion from bright young designers (I'm hesitant to describe designers that have already established their names and aesthetics as young but compared to fashion megaminds like Uncle Karl, young seems right enough). This spread from V magazine's new issue, hitting newsstands on Jan the 13th, and appropriately called New Direction (shot by Peter Funch and styled by Cathering Newell-Hanson) instantly caught my eye. Oooh, I spot a Mary Katrantzou and a Holly Fulton, is that Meadham Kirchhoff and look, there's a J.W. Anderson. I can't help but feel proud when I see so many London-based designers in international spreads. It even makes me get excited for the next round of shows in February. Quite but not there yet!




All images by Peter Funch for V magazine.

No comments: