Sunday 4 March 2012

I HEART: The Story Hotel in Stockholm

Let's say nothing about the fact I 'returned' to this blog only to disappear again for ages. I'm still trying to figure it all out - aren't we all? (Rhetorical question but if you must, answers in the comments, please) I have a bunch of things to talk about, not much time to do so but STOP, I've promised myself this is not a blog where said 'blogger' moans about lack of time etc...Simply put, with an hour free in my day I'm more likely to watch TV with a nice cake from Lanka, go for a walk, read a magazine, stare at the window (favourite activity, this)...than blog. I'm sure my therapist would have something insightful and terribly clever to say about this, if I had a therapist and if said therapist was Dr. Paul Weston from In Treatment (obsessed, let's talk about that another time, shall we?).

And having done what's known in the business as an AA Gill (ramble about something other than what's on the title) I must tell all three of you (hi sis!) how wonderful the Story hotel in Stockholm is. Because it is lovely, with character, and as I'm planning on returning to the city once temperatures rise above 0 (something around 25 C would be nice) I'll definitely be staying here again.

A small boutique hotel in a great location, right next to all the shops and a walk away from cafe Saturnus and its giant cinnamon rolls, it features a mash-up of prints and graphics on the walls, an empty mini bar that you're welcomed to stock up yourself (just go to the 7/11 and do a Lisbethaka load up on junk) and a yummy buffet breakfast (no pic because I ATE it all) it's very much a does what it says on the tin and very nicely and if this isn't the most enthusiastic hotel review you've ever read well, just bear in mind that I only realised how truly good Story was once I moved over to Berns hotel for the remaining of my stay. Yeah, Berns not so good, Story good.


I think it's time for me to go and stare at the ceiling again. See you back here soon (famous last words!).

No comments: