Sunday 1 July 2012

Camden Coffee Shop

I love coffee and as much as I depend on a cup of tea to get me through the day, it's the smell of coffee that does it for me. Sorry Earl Grey! But when it comes to where my coffee comes from, who roasted it, who carried it in big sacks and loaded it in a van thousands of miles far far away to get all the way to me and my cup...I don't really mind. I am not, God forbid, a coffee snob. My good friend A and I meet at Starbucks. Because we like our grande lattes. And we get to bitch about the tourists that crowd them. You can't do that with an award winning barrista, can you now? Having said that, I love walking past the teeny tiny little Espresso Room on Great Ormond Street or Kaffeine on Great Titchfield Street just to smell the coffee. It's good coffee!

So, when I realised that on good ol' Delancey street in Camden Town lies a little gem of a coffee place I had to visit and promised to become a regular. Because places like Mr George Constaninou's Camden Coffee Shop need regulars to keep going. He's been running the place since 1978. His coffee roaster is 85 years old for frappuccino's sake! Go, visit and smell the coffee. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...


We added your article to our auto glass directory. You’ll find there is link to this blog.

Deliver Services